RS PRO Thermal Imaging Multimeter
Introducing the RS PRO thermal imaging multimeter, a durable and versatile handheld device used for measurement of various circuit parameters such as voltages, currents or resistances. The RS PRO thermal imaging multimeter also features a 2.8'' TFT LCD colour display screen, allowing accurate results to be viewed without risk of incorrect readings due to faulty moving parts, as commonly found with an analogue multimeter.
Incorporated in the RS PRO thermal multimeter is a built-in thermal imager with max, min and centre crosshair targeting, allowing the user to easily identify and measure the required temperature ranges. The RS-9889 features a Bluetooth BLE instant share function with thermal images transmitted via the Thermview+ app. This thermal multimeter also works as a diode, resistance and continuity tester, making it a highly versatile multimeter. Temperature measurement with a K-type thermocouple probe is also achievable, offering a wide measurement range.
Our RS PRO range offers a wide variety of durable and reliable products that are excellent value for money. Each and every RS PRO product has been rigorously tried and tested against demanding industry standards, ensuring high-quality products that are trusted by engineers worldwide.
Features and Benefits
• 2.8'' TFT LCD colour display screen for displaying clear and accurate results
• Resistance and continuity test buzzer
• Bluetooth BLE instant share function
• Pictures transmitted via APP Thermview+
• Built-in thermal imager with max, min and centre crosshair targeting
• Accurate results
• True RMS
• Lightweight and portable, allowing you to work on the go
• Wide temperature range
• All in one multipurpose device
• SD Card Slot - To store images
• Up to 10h worth of data logging
• Magnetic holder to fix on a panel (perfect when you have no free hands)
• IR Resolution: 80x80 pixels
• Field of view(FOV): 21° x 21°
• Thermal sensitivity/NETD: < 0.1°C /100mK
• Image frequency: 50Hz
• Object temperature range: –20 to 260°C (–4 to 500°F)
• Spectral range: 8–14 μm
• Color palettes: IRON/Rainbow/Grey/Grey Inverted
• Accuracy: ±2°C (±3.6°F) or ±2% of reading
• Electrical testing, plug sockets, lighting and more
• Perfect for home renovations
• Business safety tests
What is a thermal imaging multimeter?
A thermal imaging multimeter is an essential device used to quickly and efficiently identify electrical problems from a safe distance. It combines features of a digital multimeter with a thermal imager and allows you to identify hot and cool points in electrical components and test the standard electrical parameters efficiently.
Digital or Analogue?
With an analogue multimeter, results can often be misleading or inaccurate due to the moving parts used to display results. With a digital multimeter, the user has peace of mind that accurate and precise measurements can be achieved, without the risk of inaccurate results due to faulty moving parts.
How does a digital multimeter work?
Using a digital output readout, the digital multimeter is connected to a device and measures typically the voltage and any resistances, giving you an output you can measure.
How does a thermal imaging camera work?
A thermal imaging camera works by creating a very detailed temperature pattern called a thermogram via a lens that detects infrared radiation. A thermal imaging camera analyses the variations in infrared radiation from objects and converts it into a thermogram making it visible to the eye.